[ltp] Re: Re: Re: help in troubleshooting ACPI drain with 2.6.10 please

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:31:23 +0100

Uwe Walter wrote:
> Also emitting a high-pitched tone during suspend.

If like me you have an hearing like a bat :) there is a funny thing you
can do: playing music with glxgears !!

Requirements: a very quiet environment, glxgears running and another window.

If you partially cover the glxgears windows with the other one, you will
obtain different FPS but also the faint high-pitched tone you hear from
the fan exhaust grill on the left of your TP will change.

With the proper skill you can play yankee-doodle :) :)

Bob

PS Wonder if this pitch we hear is a proof that the radeon chip is still
horribly working even during ACPI sleep.