[ltp] hibernate on T30 (Fedora core 3)

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:35:12 -0500

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:14:37 +0100
"Pino Giaquinto" <pino.giaquinto@aliceposta.it> wrote:

> Since the ThinkPad T30 didn't has a floppy drive, I got a ISO image for
> creating a hibernation
> partition here:
> http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~y0015821/hibernation-util-boot.iso
> I have created the hibernation partition /dev/hda4 using this CD.
> I can hibernate my T30 pressing Fn+F12 keys... but when I turn ON my
> ThinkPad I see the 'IBM ThinkPad screen' that
> resume... and at less then 1 second from the end of the resume it
> freeze. Some suggestions?
> Now if I turn OFF and ON my notebook, it start the resume from
> hibernation  sequence... then freeze!!!
> Can I exit from this loop?

I had that happen to me on an X22 (BIOS update seems to have fixed it),
and one way to get out of the loop was to try to either enter the BIOS or
try to select an alternate boot device (either hit F1 or F12 when the IBM
screen comes up).

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/