[ltp] Is there is way to have a better resolution than 1024x768 on a R51 ??

Brian D. Ropers-Huilman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:52:31 -0600

This may be caused by many things. As others have pointed out, your display may
really only allow up to 1024x768. It may also be due to the fact that not all
of your video memory was detected. It could be that your "refresh" rate is set
too high (though it means nothing on an LCD).

As a test, you could easily edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and change the
preferred resolution and make sure there is a "Display" SubSection that has the
higher resolution you prefer. Then press <CTRL-ALT-BCKSPC> and restart X.