[ltp] video output on R40

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:25:16 +0100

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 11:13:24AM -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:08:16 +0100, thomas.marquart@astro.uu.se
> <thomas.marquart@astro.uu.se> wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > I just upgraded my R40 to kernel 2.6.10 that has the ibm-acpi things in
> > it which work fine (suspent to ram and disk finally works).
> > The problem which appeared is that Fn-F7 no longer switches video modes,
> > which in necessary to get a non-truncated image on an external device
> > like a beamer/projector. http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/ states in the
> > REAME that echo video_switch > /proc/acpi/ibm/video should do the same,
> > but it doesn't, neither work the other /proc/acpi/ibm/video commands.
> >
> > any hints/experiences are welcome
>
> version 6.8.x of xorg disables bios output switching for a variety of
> reasons.  you need to either use xorg from cvs and set the
> "bioshotkeys" option to true, or use xorg 6.7

ah, I forgot to say: I use Xfree86 version 4.3.0 from debian sarge which
so far did not prevent the switch. the only thing that changed is the
kernel: 2.6.10 which has the ibm-acpi things, which btw make the button
Fn-F7 trigger an acpi-event if I paste the mask 0x0000 into
/proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey, but as said, the /proc/acpi/ibm/video file is
without effect.

cheers
thomas
--