[ltp] Thinkpad 600 and PCMCIA ethernet

jacob Klitmøller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:30:24 +0100

Hi

I have been googling for a while now without coining the right frase, it
seems (or not understanding the suggestions).

I have a TP 600 (self-assembled) and am trying to get my Netgear FA511
ethernet card working. The card has been used on a TP760ED/Gentoo setup
with no issues. The TP600 refuses. Having tried a number of different
distributions with no luck I made sure the PCMCIA-port and card is
working by installing windows 98.

It seems that the card is detected corectly while inserted, however both
Gentoo's live cd and debian (and Ubuntu) shows two cards - with
identical hardware adresses (eth0, eth1). None of them responding to a
dhcp - lookup.

Are there any hints, links, suggestions or otherwise that any could share?

R.

Jacob Kiltmøller