[ltp] Re: CMOS battery replacement on Thinkpad 600 series (Re: [ltp] Bootable live CD on 600/600X?) {Warning}

M. Leo Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:55:16 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Charles E Taylor IV wrote:

> In an emergency, you can get the battery from just about anywhere that
> sells lithium batteries.  The CMOS battery is a standard size lithium
> battery (I forget the number, but it's printed on the battery) in a custom
> heatshrink case. This option requires a little more work, as you have to
> attach wires to the battery to hook it up to the laptop.

Important: Do NOT attempt to SOLDER wires to one of those little lithium
batteries. There's a good chance the battery will explode if you try.