[ltp] Re: CMOS battery replacement on Thinkpad 600 series (Re: [ltp] Bootable live CD on 600/600X?) {Warning}

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:51:26 -0500

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:55:16 -0700 (MST)
"M. Leo Cooper" <thegrendel@theriver.com> wrote:

> Important: Do NOT attempt to SOLDER wires to one of those little lithium
> batteries. There's a good chance the battery will explode if you try.

I should have mentioned that.  Electrical tape and/or a bit of glue
over the small metal plates that attach to the battery works fine. Again,
this is for an emergency repair anyhow - it's not going to be elegant.
Sometimes you just can't wait for the battery to be shipped to you to get
your computer to boot.