[ltp] cpu MHz & TP-T30 & FC3

Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:35:09 +0100

--=-k8756DUy/Ty6yU3F7Smr

Hei,

> > I guess one could switchoff cpuspeed and access
> > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq directly if the requirements are
> > minimal.
> Why would you switch off cpuspeed?  You can access all the files
> in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq while cpuspeed is running and
> all your changes take effect immediately.  In fact, with cpuspeed off,
> setting /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor is
> meaningless.
> The steps I described previously to echo to these files should be
> performed while LEAVING cpuspeed ON.

Seems like you are talking about two different things here, Satish about
the cpuspeed daemon, you about the kernel interface.

When using the kernel interface governors only sending signals with
kill/killall to a cpuspeed process doesn't make sense at all since there
wouldn't be one. But it makes sense if you use the userspace governor
and let a userspace program like cpuspeed handle the rest.

Andr=E9.

--=-k8756DUy/Ty6yU3F7Smr

--=-k8756DUy/Ty6yU3F7Smr--