[ltp] Intel MiniPCI 2100 + Thinkpad t23

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:48:56 +0200

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 01:59:08PM -0700, Adam Olsen wrote:
> I just bought a thinkpad t23.  It is not one of the ones that comes with=
=20
>  built in wireless.  I also purchased an Intel 2100 MiniPCI card.  I=20
> don't know a whole lot about MiniPCI cards, but it looks like there are=
=20
> two places on it to hook antenna wires.  I didn't get any wires with the=
=20
> card, and there doesn't seem to be any in the minipci area of my thinkpad.
>=20
> Is this something I need to buy, or is my thinkpad incapable of having a=
=20
> wireless minipci card?

Perhaps this thread will help answer your question:
http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2005-January/022=
860.html

In short, you probably need to buy an antenna and install it behind your
LCD.  Disassembling the LCD is quite straightforward, just download the
hardware maintenance manual from IBM's website.  This manual also covers
the hardware side of installing MiniPCI cards.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
C gives you enough rope to hang yourself. C++ also gives you the tree objec=
t to
tie it to.

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T

--U+BazGySraz5kW0T--