[ltp] ACPI suspend and USB

Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:16:43 +0200

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 01:44:05AM +1100, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Since ACPI support has come a way since I last gave it a go, I thought
> I would try it again.  Suspend seems to work well, except that USB
> stops working once resumed, which also causes bluetooth to stop working.
>=20
> Is there any thing I have to do to get it alive again after resuming?
> This is on a T41p.

The ACPI suspend script on Ubuntu does '/etc/init.d/hotplug stop' before
the suspend and '/etc/init.d/hotplug start' after.  I tried commenting
out those commands to make suspend a bit faster, and my external USB
mouse stopped working after a resume.

In other words, try restarting hotplug.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If you sat a monkey down in front of a keyboard, the first thing typed woul=
d be
a unix command.
		-- Bill Lye

--jRHKVT23PllUwdXP