[ltp] Re-install default OS on a specified partition disk

Guillermo Latorre linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:36:32 +0100

Hello everybody!!

this is not a lucky day. I have to install Windows on my T41,
pfffffffffff......

Well, I have to keep installed Windows on my laptop for a few weeks, and
I have some questions:
Now, I have my Debian with many important information and I can't lose
anything. I have also a 4GB disk primary partition empty, so I could
install Windows there. I know the Windows System which came with my T41
is staying in my hard disk, no Install-CD's from IBM, so I can Install
Windows just entering on Access IBM (Predesktop Area) at the boot time
and selecting the utility "install Windows" (or similar name).

- But... will this program ask me where partition to install Windows? I
have to be sure before.
I can't put on risk any data.
- Can I phone IBM and ask for a Windows Install CD for my laptop?

Thank you very much!!

Guille