[ltp] Re-install default OS on a specified partition disk

Guillermo Latorre linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:25:21 +0100

Thank you for your answer.

> A while ago, I reinstalled Windows on my ThinkPad, using the existing
> install partition.  The installation did not touch my Linux partitions.
And how did you do it? Should I leave empty some Gigas and then start
the installation program on the Predesktop Area? Or maybe I should make
a primary partition on my disk and then run de installation program...
Please, if you could tell me how you did it...

>   As for the CD, call IBM and ask.  Depending on where you live, you may
> be able to get it.  In my case, I had no problems, as my computer was
> still under warranty.  Others, in different parts of the world, have had
> problems.

Well, my computer is also under warranty, so I hope haven't problems
asking for a CD installation...
I'll call IBM tomorrow.

Guille