[ltp] Any hope for Radeon M6 LY?

Tomek Jarzynka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:02:06 +0100

On Sunday 16 of January 2005 17:40, Alex Deucher wrote:
> 360 fps in gears isn't too bad for an m6.  mesa and drm cvs have

Are you trying to say that M7 is triple as fast?!
For comparison, Euphoria screensaver works smoothly on Windows and
KEuphoria chops on Linux.

> support for hyperz (Z buffer compression) which should speed things

Which means I should download the CVS versions of these, or set
someting?

> up.  There is also a patch for tiled framebuffer support being
> discussed now on dri-devel, which also adds a nice speed speed boost.

I'd like it to be included ;) I still can't believe M6 is THAT MUCH
slower than M7 especially since, as far as I know, IBM didn't specify
which card is inside when it sold T40s.

--
tomasz k. jarzynka / 601 706 601 / tomee(a-t)kadu(d-o-t)net

"Historically speaking, the presence of wheels in Unix has never precluded
their reinvention. - Larry Wall"