[ltp] Any hope for Radeon M6 LY?

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:09:01 +0100

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 13:37:11 -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:02:06 +0100, Tomek Jarzynka <tomeej@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 16 of January 2005 17:40, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > > 360 fps in gears isn't too bad for an m6.  mesa and drm cvs have
> >
> > Are you trying to say that M7 is triple as fast?!
>
> I don't know where you are getting triple from , but alot of it has to
> do with memory bandwidth.  Alot of m6's only have a 32-bit memory bus
> which can limit their performance significantly.  Not only is m7
> faster, it probably has a 64-bit bus.

But 360 is lousy even for a M6 LY. The one in my A30 is as twice as
fast with glxgears and standard window size.

Did you check if glxgears shows direct rendering? What resolution do
you use? What colour depth? How much video memory? 16 MB memory wasn't
enough for 24 bit colour depth with 1400x1050, I had to downgrade to 16
bit depth to get hardware GL.

Regards,
Tino