[ltp] ibm-acpi-0.10

Borislav Deianov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:41:08 -0800

Hi,

It's been a couple of months and ibm-acpi was getting stale.
Especially with module parameters not working in 2.6.10, it was really
starting to stink up was the house... :-). So there you go, an update:

This is the 10th - oh let's call it beta - release of my ACPI driver
for IBM Thinkpad laptops. The features currently supported are:

	- Fn key combinations
	- Bluetooth enable and disable
	- video output switching, expansion control
	- ThinkLight on and off
	- limited docking and undocking
	- UltraBay eject
	- CMOS control
	- LED control
	- ACPI sounds
	- Experimental: temperatures and fan speed
	- Experimental: embedded controller register dump

Changes since 0.8 (the version included in 2.6.10):

        - support for the 570, R30 and R31
        - ultrabay support for the A22p and A3x
        - drop experimental status from cmos, led and beep functions
        - fix module parameter passing
        - modified blank.sh should work with X on Debian and Fedora
        - default radio.sh script uses ipw2100 RF kill switch
        - default blank and hibernate events use the swsusp2 hibernate.sh
        - experimental temperatures and fan speed
        - experimental embedded controller register dump

The major new experimental feature is the temperature and fan speed
display. Some models (T and X series, maybe others) can show several
temperature readings (in addition to CPU temperature) and the current
fan speed. Three models (X31, X40 and 570) can control the fan speed
to a certain degree. See the README for the full details.

I still have a few things in my backlog, namely support for the 240,
600e, 770x and G41. Coming soon, I just needed to get something out
the door (I've been sitting on the 0.10 stuff for a while...).

http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/

Enjoy,
Boris