[ltp] S3 Savage fb + Kernel 2.6.10 - I get only 800x600

Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:03:40 -0500

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:49:52 +0100, Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 23:56:33 +0100, Stefan F=F6rster wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a ThinkPad T22 with S3 Savage/IX-MV graphics. The new kernel
> > version 2.6.10 has a frame buffer module for it. After several attempts
> > I have managed to get it to work, but I only get the 800x600 resolution
> > instead of the 1024x768 I'd like to have.
> >
> > Does anybody know what kernel parameters I have to use ? I have
> > unsuccessfully tried it with "video=3Dsavage:1024x768@60".
>=20
> I just tried 2.6.10 with savagefb but my T23 hangs after ACPI S3. :-(
>=20
> Regards,
> Tino
=20
Could be issues with saving/restoring the streams regs.  The X driver
isn't too good about that, but there was never a savagefb driver until
now.  Does VT switching work ok (between X and savagefb)? savagefb may
also not properly restore everything on resume (perhaps it needs some
sort of posting hack).  Just a guess.  It could also be a problem with
ACPI...

Alex