[ltp] Re: Desperate to get my PCMCIA GPRS working please :(

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:32:44 +1100

On 17 Jan 2005, Bob Alexander wrote:
> I had managed to configure my PCMCIA GPRS to work with wvdial.
>
> Now for reasons I do not understand upon insertion of the card NOTHING
> seems to happen (for instance with tail -f /var/log/syslog) !!!!

OK, that looks like the cause of your problems.

Do you have PCMCIA and Cardbus support compiled into your kernel?
That would be the 'cs' and 'ds' modules, if not built-in.

Are you running the cardmgr tools from the PCMCIA tools package?

What does cardinfo say when you have the card inserted?
Can it see the card?

    Daniel
--
Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal.
        -- T. S. Eliot, _Philip Massinger_, 1920