[ltp] Re: ibm-acpi-0.10

Borislav Deianov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:30:34 -0800

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:46:05 +0000 (UTC) Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:33, Borislav Deianov wrote:
> > Just be a bit careful - sync your disk first
> > and, as Paul said, watch the temperatures if you are putting
> > intentional stress on the machine (e.g. heavy CPU or disk load).
> What is a safe cpu temperature when compiling?

Probably depends on the model. On my X40, the critical temperature
(when the CPU will shut down automatically to prevent damage) is set
to something pretty high, 97 degrees C if I remember correctly. I'd
start getting worried if it climbs above 60 or 70 but that's probably
still safe. You'll have to ask IBM for a definite answer.

Regards,
Boris