[ltp] thinkpad 600E hard disk failure - need replacement advice

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:10:24 -0800

--------------010403010106020708080106

All,

I to simply upgraded the hard drive. It appeared somewhat daunting but
in reality was very easy. The standard drives fit the carrier and in it
goes. The system is at zero and needs a full reload. I had copied my
data to a network drive, swapped drives, reloaded Linux, apps, and then
data. There were no bumps at all. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dan

Satish Balay wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Michelle Klein-Hass wrote:
>

>>On Monday 17 January 2005 07:02 pm, Jim Harvey wrote:
>>

>>>I put a nice 40 gig fujitsu MHT2040AT in my 770, can't imagine a 600 being
>>>any different.  I still can't believe how much quieter it is than the
>>>original IBM drive.
>>>

>>Mine's got a Toshiba 40GB which is extremely quiet. Much better than the 10GB
>>one it came with stock.
>>

>My 600E came with a 6.4G disk :). Curently it has a 80G hdd (from the
>T40. T40 is on its way to IBM for repair)
>
>Satish

--------------010403010106020708080106

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
All,<br>
I to simply upgraded the hard drive. It appeared somewhat daunting but
in reality was very easy. The standard drives fit the carrier and in it
goes. The system is at zero and needs a full reload. I had copied my
data to a network drive, swapped drives, reloaded Linux, apps, and then
data. There were no bumps at all. Let me know if you have any
questions. <br>
Dan <br>
Satish Balay wrote:
 type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">I put a nice 40 gig fujitsu MHT2040AT in my 770, can't imagine a 600 being
any different.  I still can't believe how much quieter it is than the
original IBM drive.
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Mine's got a Toshiba 40GB which is extremely quiet. Much better than the 10GB
one it came with stock.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->