[ltp] Re: R50e ACPI/Resolution/CDROM

Mo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:28:27 +0000

Hi Diego,
I have a R50e too running Debian and 2.6.10.

> - ACPI works almost flawlessly, except for the fact that when i suspend
> and "unsuspend" the LCD remains black, i searched in google for a
> solution but only found a web site in chesch republic that i (of
> course) didn't understand. If anyone had any success with this, i would
> like to know please.

I got the same problem, and appending "acpi_sleep=s3_bios" didn't fix it.

> - XFree 4.3.xx (lastest in debian sid) doesnt seem to allow me to get a
> resolution higher than 1024 x 768, a friend of mine has an IBM with
> 1280 x 1024 (in debian too). I don't know much about LCD, as far as i
> googled the LCD's can handle high resolutions and doesn't always need
> the Hsync and Vsync, this friend didn't specified them and as i said,
> he got a very high resolution (i saw it in person, it's not a joke or
> something).

The R50e only supports up to 1024x768 on the laptop display, sadly :(

> 1. i can't burn files larger than some Kb's (like 10Kb or something
> like that), this is not an issue of the mkisofs or something like that,
> i tried to burn the .iso in another pc (with an LG CDRW) and it worked.
> 2. I can't boot from ANY live-cd, not even windows
> 3. I can't read large files from ANY cdrom, it stops at somepoint and
> says that there's some kind of trouble with missmatches of sums or
> something.

"hdparm -i /dev/hdc" says I have a DW-225, FwRev=2.6A. It works fine here. If
you have the same model it is probably a hardware error.

Cheers,
Mo