[ltp] fedora core 3 2.6.10 kernel update issues

Petr Simon linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:23:46 +0100

On Monday 17 January 2005 19:54, Xavier Gonzalez wrote:
> I recently upgraded from kernel 2.6.9 to kernel 2.6.10, with a lot of
> messy outcomes:
> -sound card couldn't be detected
Couldn't be detected or doesn't work? If this is the case start alsamixer and
mute the headphone jack sense (forth column in the row)
> -usb could not be detected
> -wireless card would have problems with Wins wrapper (which it had not
> done since I upgraded from FC2 to FC3)
>
> I decided to remove 2.6.10 and go back to 2.6.9. However, lately I
> have noticed a couple of ohter problems. Mainly, even thou my sound
> card is detected and works OK, it seems that now and then (specially
> when getting my screensaver on) when I am playing an audio file it
> sounds like a 'scratched record'. By that I mean that the audio file
> kind of gets stuck and repeats a part of the file over for a few
> seconds.
>
> Any thoughts on that matter?
>
> -X
As for the other probles: I personaly compile my own kernel (need source for
other things) and everything forks fine that way :)
petr