[ltp] thinkpad 600E hard disk failure - need replacement advice

/dev/rob0 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:21:20 -0600

On Monday 17 January 2005 18:43, James McKenzie wrote:
> As long as the drive is either a 9mm or a 12mm drive, you should not
> have a problem.

One thing which might be worthy of note is that the plastic cover for
the drive bay differs for 9mm and 12mm drives. The little tab which
goes in is thicker for the 9mm drives. I have 2 type 2645 machines, one
of which had a 9mm, the other 12mm. I just keep the cover with the
appropriate drive.

If your new drive is of the other form factor you might consider
ordering a drive bay cover to fit it. Of course if you're going from a
12mm to a 9mm, your cover will fit, but it won't hold the drive in
place. Maybe try a little bit of rubber to pad it?

(I was going to suggest bubble gum, but I was afraid someone might take
it seriously. :) )
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header