[ltp] swsusp2 on T23

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:39:09 -0800

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:29:41 +0100, Jan Girlich <vollkorn@freenet.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tino Keitel schrieb:
>
> > resume and the SSH connections are alive. The only thing which doesn't
> > work after resume is ALSA. I have to remove snd-intel8x0 and reload it.
> > Is there anyting I can do to get working sound after resume?
>
> You may have a look at the configuration-file for swsusp2. I'm not sure
> what it is called but maybe like "/etc/hibernate.conf". There you can
> tell swsusp2 to unload and load some modules before suspend and after
> resume.
>
> HTH
> Jan

When I got it working before, there was the same situation on my T23.
I have since redone the laptop with debian unstable and am running a
2.6.9 kernel from kernel.org.  Doing a suspend using Fn-F4 and a lid
close now works very well with everything including alsa except for
the orinoco gold pcmcia card.  I went in and edited my acpi scripts
and shutdown pcmcia and restart it after the suspend event.

I don't have the the original hibernate.conf scripts from before since
I have things working with acpi very well now for all sorts of suspend
events.  The Lid close event will bring the system to a suspend state
as will doing Fn-F4.

Just on a hunch... Are others experiencing any problems with pcmcia
wireless cards like the orinoco gold 11b card with acpi suspend
events?

--
Michael Perry
meperry@gmail.com