[ltp] Any hope for Radeon M6 LY?

Tomek Jarzynka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:18:04 +0100

On Tuesday 18 of January 2005 18:44, Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
> I can't understand one thing. The page instructs me to
> build the drm module, while in my kernel CONFIG_DRM can
> only be y or n, without the possibility to compile this
> feature as a module. Should I disable the vanilla DRM
> support, or leave it enabled when loading the newly
> compiled module?

"Although the [Faith99] states that the DRM driver has support for loading=
=20
sub-drivers by calling drmCreateSub, Linus didn't like that approach. He=20
wanted all drivers to be independent, so the top-level "DRM" module no long=
er=20
exists and each DRM module is independent."

Ouch, didn't read that.

=2D-=20
tomasz k. jarzynka / 601 706 601 / tomee(a-t)kadu(d-o-t)net

"Dzi=EAki crontab mo=BFemy spowodowa=E6, aby codziennie o p=F3=B3nocy budzi=
=B3y si=EA demony
		-- Konrad R. W=B1growski"