[ltp] Re-install default OS on a specified partition disk

Michael Z Daryabeygi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:01:03 -0500

I think using the IBM CD's will trash your other partitions.
I am not sure of this, but that is my impression.  Maybe it will respect
your partition scheme but it will probably want to be on the first
partition even so.  I don't recall the CD's giving you any options when
installing which may be the short answer to your question.
So be sure to have everything backed up.
When I set up my system I let the IBM cd do it's thing.  Then before the
first boot (I have XP so it converts the partition from fat to ntfs) I
shrunk the win partition with a utility to create my linux partitions.
With the right part utility you can shrink NTFS partitions so this may
or not be an issue for you.
have fun.