[ltp] Any hope for Radeon M6 LY?

jcms linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:49:32 -0500 (EST)

  Would be possible for you to publish a simple "how-to" of how you put everything together ?
  Thanks,

  J.C.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tomek Jarzynka <tomeej@gmail.com>
Sent: Jan 19, 2005 8:30 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Subject: Re: [ltp] Any hope for Radeon M6 LY?

On Wednesday 19 of January 2005 13:41, Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 of January 2005 22:19, Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
> > libGL error: XF86DRIQueryDirectRenderingCapable returned false
> So, anyone by any chance knows why this error occurs?

Ok, a little update. I don't know whether the Mesa sources were
broken for a while, or I was drunk or there was a transparent
outdated caching proxy around, nevermind. Anyway, I rebuilt Mesa
today and to my surprise DRI works (at least xdriinfo and glxinfo
report so). There is also a message "color tiling enabled!" displayed
which suggests the patch also works.
glxgears reports 330fps.
After enabling hyperz, it reports 1200fps. Wow, that's impressive.
Thanks for everyone's support, and, by the way, do you know any
benchmark to test real 3d performance?

--
tomasz k. jarzynka / 601 706 601 / tomee(a-t)kadu(d-o-t)net

"Przesta?cie nazywa? b??dem to, co jest przeciwie?stwem waszej prawdy, a
prawd? to, co jest przeciwie?stwem b??du.
			-- Antoine De Saint-Exuery"