[ltp] Any hope for Radeon M6 LY?

Tomek Jarzynka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:28:56 +0100

On Wednesday 19 of January 2005 14:49, jcms wrote:
>   Would be possible for you to publish a simple "how-to" of how you put
> everything together ? Thanks,

Sure.
As Alex said, do as the page http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building
instructs, BUT:

apply the tiling patches.
http://sf.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10582023 are the
latest to date.

I had to grep -v out that Index, RCS file, retrieving and === lines
(prolly because I'm too lame to make patch accept it):
$ cat patch.name | grep -v "^Index" | grep -v "^RCS" | grep -v "^retrieving" |
grep -v "===" > patch2

Just watch where you apply them in the source tree. Ddx goes somewhere in xc,
dri somewhere in Mesa and drm somewhere in drm.

do not set SRC_DIRS for Mesa (at least this had to be done for me),
copy lib/radeon_dri.so to /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri and the rest
to /usr/X11R6/lib. Make sure there are no duplicated (like the one
of libGLU I had). Make sure you have no other libGLs in the path.

edit /etc/drirc:
<device screen="0" driver="radeon">
	<application name="all">
		<option name="hyperz" value="true/">

kill X, make the system load radeon.ko (depends on drm and i2c-algo-bit),
restart X.

--
tomasz k. jarzynka / 601 706 601 / tomee(a-t)kadu(d-o-t)net

"A programmer is a person who turns coffee into software. "