[ltp] Any hope for Radeon M6 LY?

Michał Trzciński linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 17:52:40 +0100

Dnia środa, 19 stycznia 2005 17:03, Tomek Jarzynka napisał:
TJ> On Wednesday 19 of January 2005 15:51, Michał Trzciński wrote:
TJ> > Hi tomee!, [ a w zasadzie to czesc ;) ]
TJ>
TJ> Hello (no, siemanko :>)
TJ>
TJ> > Have you try to run X in 16bit mode for depth?
TJ> > I have R51 and in 16bit depth my M7 is working faster.
TJ> > On 24bit it is very slow... :(
TJ>
TJ> Yeah, I figured 16bpp would be somewhat faster.
TJ> My results so far:
TJ> no DRI: ~280fps
TJ> no DRI, GATOS libGL: 480fps
TJ> DRI: 350fps
TJ> DRI,HyperZ: 800fps
TJ> DRI,HyperZ,Tiling: 1200fps

With DRI,HyperZ and Tiling your scores are nice!

My results for:

root@kopernik:~# lspci|grep Radeon; cat /proc/cpuinfo|grep Pentium
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.50GHz

DRI 24bit: 560fps
DRI 16bit: 1200fps (so like your last score)

I have Slackware current with DRI from X.org.
How can I enable HyperZ and Tilling functionality?

TJ> However, some 3d apps display completely crippled graphics (textures
TJ> are missing, clipping occurs). This occurs both with and without tiling
TJ> patches. I wonder whether its HyperZ-related...

Oh, for tiling you wrote it some patch. And HyperZ?
I have tested 3d game Americas Army on my Laptop and desktop with radeon 9200 (fglrx).
On laptop (DRI) fonts are not smooth (so shady) and performance is not good. In game gfx is nice.
On desktop everething works fine, compared with Windows version of AA.

Mayby it help me running AA on my Lapotop with DRI with HyperZ and tilling.

I'm not playing games, but i feel good, when my hardware is running as best as it can ;)

ps
I know you from kadu project as a maker of it. Nice idea, nice work :) nice photo ;)

Regards,
jz