[ltp] Any hope for Radeon M6 LY?

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:18:40 -0500

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:56:01 +0100
Micha_ Trzci_ski <jz@vanet.pl> wrote:

> I have tryed to configure HyperZ using driconf, but it can't install
> driconf because of pygtk problem (i have it, but it write: Warning:
> importing gtk version 2.0 doesn't work.). Could you paste your .drirc ||
> /etc/drirc file?

$ cat .drirc

<driconf>
    <device screen="0" driver="radeon">
        <application name="all">
            <option name="hyperz" value="true" />
        </application>
    </device>
</driconf>

On my system (Thinkpad X22), enabling hyperz about doubled the speed of
glxgears

I tried compiling the xorg cvs with patches to enable tiling,
but the text mode console gets completely garbled when running CVS xorg -
so I backed off and am only using CVS mesa/DRM.  It's possible that I
screwed up somehow when patching / configuring /compiling xorg, but I
still use the text console on occasion so I reinstalled Fedora Core 3's
xorg RPMs.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/