[ltp] I need some help on ACPI sleep

Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:09:42 +0100

--=-u4ll0tfbhCCvLWInV8bU

Hei,

> The laptop suspends OK but after resume, I get a black screen with two ye=
llow=20
> characters (IN) in the top middle and a blinking white cursor in the top =
left=20
> of the screen. After about 5 seconds, the laptop reboots on its own.

The yellow characters are normal. They are part of a line that says
something with LINUX in it, that's where they come from. I can see this
also (but a bit more letters) before my X server comes back.

Since your system reboots automatically, i think it crashes.
In this case acpi_sleep=3Ds3_bios wouldn't help you, it fixes a different
problem, where you see nothing on the screen and the system doesn't
crash/reboot.

> I am starting to think that I have done something wrong when compiling my=
=20
> kernel but I cannot track the problem. Any help or idea on this subject? =
For=20
> instance, I'd like to be able to look at logs of the resume sequence but =
I am=20
> not sure what logs I should be looking at...

Try

- /var/log/acpi
- /var/log/kernel.log (or however it's called)
- dmesg output

.

Also you could post your /etc/acpi/action/sleep.sh script?

Andr=E9.

--=-u4ll0tfbhCCvLWInV8bU

--=-u4ll0tfbhCCvLWInV8bU--