[ltp] Re: Desperate to get my PCMCIA GPRS working please :(

Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:18:29 +0100

--=-VszqpvlwmtcjTwQq7Mg6

On Mi, 2005-01-19 at 22:42 +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
> Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
> >=20
> > You can find out if hotplug is called at all by writing a wrapper-scrip=
> > that lists the kernel call and hands it over to the real hotplug...
> > something like:
> >=20
> > #!/bin/sh
> > echo $* >>/var/log/hotplugcalls
> > /sbin/hotplug.orig $*
> >=20
> > You would have to save this as /sbin/hotplug after renaming the origina=
> > hotplug to hotplug.orig.
> >=20
> > Andr=E9.
> >=20
>=20
> This is what the developer says about my bug hypothesis. Does it make=20
> sense with what you have been saying ?
>=20
> Ciao,
> Bob
>=20
>  >Since a few days (I do not use it very often) I discovered that my=20
> PCMCIA Sony/Ericsson GC85 GPRS/EDGE modem card was not recognized=20
> anymore by hotplug.
>  >>
>  >> Upon insertion/removal of the card, no activity took place int tail=20
> -f /var/log/syslog|messages or in dmesg.
>=20
> If no hotplug event is generated by the kernel then this is a kernel
> problem.

That's what you need to find out. So either try my script or enable
hotplugs internal logging feature (don't know how that's to be done).

Andr=E9.

--=-VszqpvlwmtcjTwQq7Mg6

--=-VszqpvlwmtcjTwQq7Mg6--