[ltp] Restoring thinkpad with linux to factory settings

Hartmut Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:18:35 +0100

--nextPart1862401.ni1nBXI0Lq

Hi,

On Thursday 20 January 2005 14:50, Meidinger Chris wrote:
> The newer Recovery will wipe the whole drive.
>
> The older Recovery used to take the first partition, but that ended with
> T23/A30/X21

I lately had to do a recovery on my T41p and it didn't wipe the whole disk,=
=20
but only the first primary partition. My Linux partitions were left=20
untouched. Only thing I had to do was to reinstall grub into the MBR.

Yes, I did have a backup just in case. And I would advise you to have one a=
s=20
well.

Greetings from Stuhr
hartmut