[ltp] LCD/CRT/TVOUT switching on Radeon M6 LY

Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:13:12 -0500

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:05:13 +0100, Tomek Jarzynka <tomeej@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> has anyone had success with tvout or switching between LCD
> and CRT on Radeon M6 equipped laptops. For me, the VGA output
> seems to be always powered (and both console and X displays
> show up), but I can't disable it or make the external display
> the only one active (to switch to 1280x1024 for instance).
> And I can't get tv-out to work.

TV-out isn't supported by Xorg at the moment.  There's code available
in the open source beos radeon driver, but someone needs to port it
over.  As far as the display goes, you can uses the "MonitorLayout"
option to disable the port.  something like this should work:
Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, NONE"
for LCD only, or
Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT, NONE"
for CRT only.
The first item refers to crtc1 and the second to crtc2.

Alex