[ltp] LCD/CRT/TVOUT switching on Radeon M6 LY

Tomek Jarzynka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:57:14 +0100

On Thursday 20 of January 2005 16:18, Michal Trzcinski wrote:
> I have the same problem.
> What app/driver do you use for tv-out? What cable do you use?
> Svideo-Svideo? With Windows XP it is working for me only with Svideo-Svideo
> cable (ThinkPad R51, Radeon 7500 M7 LW). Other can't work like Euro-Svideo
> or RCA-Svideo. Cables are fine. Mayby my TV has a bug ;) On fglrx with
> Radeon 9200 tv-out works fine.

I have tried atitvout and tpctl. Well, actually, I can't even force Windows
XP to use my TV (of course it says its enabled), but I've managed to get
tv-out display on my friends' tv sets. Do you have a sony TV by any chance? :)

PS. Is the bloody Radeon M6 soldered to the mainboard? I began thinking
about replacing it. Well, in Thinkpad600 processors were swappable, and
since me and my friend have absolutely identical laptops EXCEPT for the
card, then maybe...

--
tomasz k. jarzynka / 601 706 601 / tomee(a-t)kadu(d-o-t)net

"The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something
to love, and something to hope for
	-- Alan K. Chalmers"