[ltp] LCD/CRT/TVOUT switching on Radeon M6 LY

Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:16:08 -0500

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:58:20 +0100, Tomek Jarzynka <tomeej@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 20 of January 2005 16:13, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > TV-out isn't supported by Xorg at the moment.  There's code available
> > in the open source beos radeon driver, but someone needs to port it
> > over.  As far as the display goes, you can uses the "MonitorLayout"
> > option to disable the port.  something like this should work:
> > Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, NONE"
> > for LCD only, or
> > Option "MonitorLayout" "CRT, NONE"
> > for CRT only.
> > The first item refers to crtc1 and the second to crtc2.
>
> Yes, but this means logging out and restarting the X server.
> I can very well pull out the plug or blank the LCD with
> radeontool, but this is not what I intend to achieve.

Unforunately it's an architecural limitation of X at the moment.
There's just no interface for on the fly output switching or dualhead
switching, etc.  From the driver's perspective, it'd be pretty easy to
implement, there's just no interface to hook it to.

Alex