[ltp] ndiswrapper + swsusp

Nigel Wilkinson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:43:38 +0000

--On Thursday, January 20, 2005 10:29:12 -0700 Adam Olsen
<adamo@mindzion.com> wrote:

> Has anyone gotten this combination to work?  I installed ndiswrapper
> first (I'm using kernel 2.6.10), and then patched the kernel for swsusp.
> Once I installed the newly patched kernel, ndiswrapper stopped working.
> An attempt to recompile ndiswrapper fails (some kernel code was changed
> by swsusp I guess).
>
> So, now ndiswrapper doesn't work... but let's see if swsusp does.  Nope,
> it suspends ok, but fails to resume.

Are you using ACPI? ndiswrapper has a can have a conflict with ACPI.

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/phpwiki/index.php/FAQ

says

If ACPI is enabled in the kernel, try disabling ACPI irq routing with the
boot commandline parameter "acpi=noirq". To make sure you don't have any
IRQ issues, check the dmesg log immediately after booting (e.g., with dmesg
| grep -i disabled, which will show if any IRQs are disabled.

Cheers
Nigel