[ltp] 600(E) questions

wes schreiner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:24:41 -0600

James McKenzie wrote:

> There is also a web page about loading RH on the 600E and it is on the
> IBM web site.  Gives nice hints about enabling sound with this
> machine. The 600E is the only Thinkpad that IBM provides this support
> for.

The 600E page is gone, at least my link to it is dead and I can't find
it anywhere now.  It detailed installing RH v6.2 if I recall, and even
then it had some questionable info.  I wouldn't say the the 600E is the
only ThinkPad that IBM has support for, not any more.  Now there are IBM
pages for installing RH 8 on a T30
<http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-46291>
and RH 7.3, 8.0, and 9.0 on a T40
<http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-51412>

The top level page for Linux on IBM ThinkPads and personal computers is at
<http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-48NT8D>

wes