[ltp] display problems with fglrx - Problem solved

Nils Wigginghaus linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:10:28 +0100

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 14:22, Didrik Pinte wrote:
> Le mardi 07 d=E9cembre 2004 =E0 07:12 +0000, pub@wigginghaus.de a =E9crit=
 :
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > I am using an R50 with a Radeon 9000 Mob. chipset on Debian Sid/2.6.9.
> > After installing fglrx (version 4.3.0-3.14.6) I experience display
> > problems with the mouse cursor, it sometimes leaves a small area around
> > it looking strange when moved. Unfortunately I have to use the fglrx
> > although it does not work together with ACPI completely but otherwise t=
he
> > fan makes me go crazy!
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> To answer your question, I had the same problem. My solution was to go
> back to the radeon driver ;-)

I solved the issue with the mouse cursor being somehow corrupted under X wh=
en=20
using the fgrlx-driver. I had the option "sw_cursor"  turned on under X.=20
Actually I don't even know whether this option is supported by the=20
fgrlx-driver because it seems like it was a rest of my configuration using=
=20
the "radeon" driver.
Anyway, since I have changed to fglrx and disabled any options concerning t=
he=20
cursor I have no artifacts anymore.

Nils