[ltp] Re: Desperate to get my PCMCIA GPRS working please :(

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:33:54 +0100

Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
> On Mi, 2005-01-19 at 22:42 +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
>=20
>>Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
>>
>>>You can find out if hotplug is called at all by writing a wrapper-script
>>>that lists the kernel call and hands it over to the real hotplug...
>>>something like:
>>>
>>>#!/bin/sh
>>>echo $* >>/var/log/hotplugcalls
>>>/sbin/hotplug.orig $*
>>>
>>>You would have to save this as /sbin/hotplug after renaming the original
>>>hotplug to hotplug.orig.
>>>
>>>Andr=E9.
>>>

>>This is what the developer says about my bug hypothesis. Does it make=20
>>sense with what you have been saying ?
>>
>>Ciao,
>>Bob
>>
>> >Since a few days (I do not use it very often) I discovered that my=20
>>PCMCIA Sony/Ericsson GC85 GPRS/EDGE modem card was not recognized=20
>>anymore by hotplug.

>>-f /var/log/syslog|messages or in dmesg.
>>
>>If no hotplug event is generated by the kernel then this is a kernel
>>problem.
>=20
>=20
> That's what you need to find out. So either try my script or enable
> hotplugs internal logging feature (don't know how that's to be done).
>=20
> Andr=E9.
>=20
Andre'
I have enabled your wrapper and here is what I see when I insert and=20
then remove my PCMCIA GPRS card with the pcmcia-cs package installed:

module
parameters
module
drivers
tty
tty
tty
tty
drivers
module
parameters
module

When pcmcia-cs is NOT installed nothing shows up in hotplug logfile.

What does this mean ???

Thank you,
Bob