[ltp] Re: External USB drive

Alex Kempshall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:00:03 +0000

I've now managed to try a 2Port USB 2.0 CardBus .

When I boot up my T30 can't see the external hard drive through the PCMCIA
USB2 card although it can see the drive if connected to my standard USB
port. if I boot into W2000 the PCMCIA is seen by the OS and it also sees the
external hard drive. Obviously a BIOS issue here. Had a look at the BIOS
settings nothing obvious. Don't know whether another manufacturers card
wouldl be any better.

Regards