[ltp] additional acpi notes on the T23; use as you may

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:22:42 -0800

I've been working on the issues with the T23 and acpi suspend/resume a
bit of late and uncovered issues at least for me on a self-built 2.6.9
kernel on debian unstable.  What I found with the latest ibm bios and
power management included, is that two different wireless network
cards will cause a 2.6.9 kernel here to lock and kernel panic upon
resume with a "not syncing interrupts" message.  The two different
cards I have tried are the orinoco classic gold 11b card and a wpc54g
card which I use the linuxant drivers for.

Last night I went to a self-built 2.6 .10 kernel and upgraded the
linuxant drivers along the way.  From what I can see now, the issues
with suspending with either Fn-F4 or lid close events with a pcmcia
card in the slot has gone away. As a test, I put the laptop into
suspend last night around 1030pm and woke it up to test something just
now and it returns.  Additionally, some folks are having issues with
alsa but I don't see that when my laptop resumes.

When I went from 2.6.9 to 2.6.10, I just copied the old .config into
the new directory and did a make oldconfig.

Other pci and usb stuff comes up correctly as well including my usb
2.0 pc card and my ipod is working.

--
Michael Perry
meperry@gmail.com