[ltp] T42 Questions (Model 2379R9U)

Donald B. Altman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:02:46 -0500

** Reply to message from Greg Macek <it-guy@mrichi.com> on Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:23:24 -0600

Hello,

> How is general experience with SUSE 9.1 (or 9.2 - may buy it at the
> same time)? Not all posts mention distro being used.

I use SuSE 9.1 on my T42p and 9.2 on my desktops.  That I haven't
migrated my notebook yet.

I find SuSE 9.x to work very well on my notebook.  I haven't tried some
functions, like sleep, which have been covered extensively in this list.
But for major stuff, everything works for me.  Also, having used SuSE tech
support and Xandros tech support for my A21p, I can vouch for SuSE as being
professional and effective.

Last week, I think, SuSE released the 9.2 professional DVD as a free download
from their ftp site.  While you don't get the support, you get the full 9.2
package for the cost of your bandwidth and a blank DVD.  From what I've
seen, 9.2 is a significant improvement over 9.1.

Good luck.

Don A

--
Donald B. Altman