[ltp] Re: Desperate to get my PCMCIA GPRS working please :(

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:47:35 +0100

--=-i/ZPYyKWJ/3IoQCeq/xF

Hei Bob,

> Andre'
> I have enabled your wrapper and here is what I see when I insert and=20
> then remove my PCMCIA GPRS card with the pcmcia-cs package installed:
>=20
> module
> parameters
> module
> drivers
> tty
> tty
> tty
> tty
> drivers
> module
> parameters
> module
>=20
> When pcmcia-cs is NOT installed nothing shows up in hotplug logfile.
>=20
> What does this mean ???

Well, first it means, my wrapper is badly coded. ;-) Guess i should have
used $@ instead of $*. Not sure, but doesn't matter so much.

It seems that the wrapper script only outputs the first parameter given
in the hotplug call instead of all of them (or is the rest
environment?).

Anyway, what we can get from this is that if you insert the card, and
have pcmcia-cs installed hotplug is called. The output not appearing
when pcmcia-cs is not installed tells us that in that case hotplug is
not called at all. So, the kernel looses one point.

That makes 0:-1 for hotplug and that means that the kernel looses the
first round.

The second round should be initiated by checking your kernel config
again, together with dmesg and kernel log outputs. In the config
especially check everything that has to do with hotplug, pcmcia and pci
hotplugging support.

Hope this helped a little,
Andr=E9.

--=-i/ZPYyKWJ/3IoQCeq/xF