[ltp] Suspend on IBM ThinkPad T23

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:18:03 +0100

Hello,

I am finally trying harder (;-) to get suspend to work properly on my IBM
ThinkPad T23, BIOS-Version 1AET61WW (1.17) under Debian Linux 2.6.10.

After various tries with standard debian kernel packages with 2.6.10 and
some 2.6.6 oder 2.6.7 version with somewhat working suspend to ram but no
ALSA sound after resume. 2.6.8 without working suspend-to-ram and 2.6.9
which doesnt boot at all on my laptop I decided to build my own kernel
and try it with that. Especially since I heard on debian-laptop ml that
this works.

Well these are my experiences with my first try.

Any hints?

Any IBM ThinkPad T23 users with working suspend stuff here? Michael Perry
told me so.

I'd like to have:
- suspend-to-ram (if it doesnt work probably suspend-to-disk will have to
do)
- suspend-to-disk (either software suspend 1 or 2, whichever works better)
- working ALSA sound after resume
- ideally working ISDN card after resume

My next try will be software suspend 2 with kernel 2.6.9 (which shouldn't
have that clock to fast problem). And I will try Michael Perry's kernel
config, maybe initrd and default debian config + added software suspend
isn't working that good.