[ltp] Thinkpad T23 Battery

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:30:43 +0100

--=-KIa4Q8WgOOUdo2AVHGn+

Hi,

> 2) It is not good to store a battery which is not in use charged at 100%.=
=20
> Better would be using 80% and not below 50%. Thus when you store a=20
> battery for years you would better check that it doesn't go below 50%=20
> charge. He also says it doesn't help putting a battery into the=20
> refrigerator, but it should be kept below usual room temperature when=20
> storing it for a longer time. I do not know his exact explains, but it=20
> goes along the way that high charge and high temperate are not good for=20
> battery health.

A comment from IBMs site indicates that they agree in matter of the
temperature:

To extend your battery life, decrease the LCD brightness while using
your ThinkPad notebook, employ the standby and hibernation power-saving
modes, and remove and store the battery pack in a cool place if you will
not be using the computer for a long period of time.

Andr=E9.

--=-KIa4Q8WgOOUdo2AVHGn+

--=-KIa4Q8WgOOUdo2AVHGn+--