[ltp] Suspend on IBM ThinkPad T23

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:29:15 +0100

Am Samstag, 22. Januar 2005 09:18 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:

> My next try will be software suspend 2 with kernel 2.6.9 (which
> shouldn't have that clock to fast problem). And I will try Michael
> Perry's kernel config, maybe initrd and default debian config + added
> software suspend isn't working that good.

Hello,

I tried this (kernel 2.6.9 from kernel.org with stable software suspend
patch for it) at all it gives me is:

BIG FAT WARNING! Failed to translate the device name into a device id.

The hibernate script won't work. It says software suspend is disabled due
to missing resume2= parameter.

Well  but I am sure I have it:

root@deepdance:/boot -> grep "SUSPEND" config-2.6.9sws2-1
# CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND2_CORE=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND2=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND2_WRITER=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_SWAPWRITER=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_LZF_COMPRESSION=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_GZIP_COMPRESSION=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_DEVICE_MAPPER=m
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_TEXT_MODE=y
CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_DEFAULT_RESUME2="swap:/dev/hda7"
# CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_KEEP_IMAGE is not set
# CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_CHECKSUMS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
# CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND is not set

And I even set it in "kopt" in "/boot/grub/menu.lst" as well (including
running update-grub).

Like software suspend 1 it doesn't seem to like swap partition. But to me
it just seems perfectly fine.

Well I put enough hours into this for now. I might try something else at a
later time.

Regards,