[ltp] Installing ThinkPadpm modules

/dev/rob0 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 07:14:14 -0600

On Saturday 22 January 2005 02:47, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > This isn't the problem. Apparently the /dev/thinkpad c 10 170 is
> > the only device node needed.
>
> on Debian you can tell udev to statically create some device files it
> doesn't create dynamically yet. See that non existant

But it DOES create /dev/thinkpad (the node, not the directory.) It
doesn't create /dev/thinkpad/thinkpad, but as my testing showed, that
was not my problem. The problem was incompatibility between the apm
driver and thinkpadpm.

> > Is anyone else using the thinkpad driver on a 2.6.x kernel? How
> > about thinkpadpm?
>
> I am a bit puzzled about ThinkPad driver on 2.6.x kernels and IBM
> ACPI? Does it make sense to use both?

I have not tried ACPI because I don't think ibm-acpi supports the older
machines yet. This is a 600X.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header