[ltp] FIXED: X31 radeon framebuffer 2.6.10 problem

Brian P. Flaherty linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:00:23 -0500

bxf4@psu.edu (Brian P. Flaherty) writes:

> Hello,
>
> I've been using the radeon framebuffer for a while and, in general, it
> has just worked very well.  I haven't needed to put it as a kernel
> argument.  However, I recently installed 2.6.10 and the framebuffer
> doesn't give me the high resolution console.

Perhaps this is well known, but I think the problem occurred because
the intel-agp driver was compiled into the kernel along with the
radeon framebuffer.  When I made the intel-agp driver a module, then
the radeon framebuffer worked just as it did in 2.6.9 and 2.6.8.

If this isn't a known problem, is this the sort of thing to alert
the appropriate kernel developers about?

Thanks for your responses.

Brian