[ltp] Maximising battery run time

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:42:31 +0100

--=-NS9ngzzsjLh7wCgi8mTi

Hi,

I never did any measurements or other real investigations, but from a
common sense point of view i would say that...

> Does disabling either of the external interfaces (parallel,
> irda, VGA, modem) seem to reduce power consumption?

...yes, disabling ports and other components should save power.
Removing unused pcmcia cards should do so as well.
Unloading the wlan driver and maybe unloading the lan driver if not
needed should also do.

> And if they are left enabled, does not loading a driver
> make them inactive?

the parallel port and modem switching them off in the BIOS is the best.

Andr=E9.

--=-NS9ngzzsjLh7wCgi8mTi

--=-NS9ngzzsjLh7wCgi8mTi--