[ltp] Smart Link modem issues

Tomek Jarzynka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 21:25:10 +0100

Hi,

first, and less importantly, has anyone had success with using
the ALSA driver for the modem and hearing the dialtone/handshake
in the speakers? Turning up the "modem" field of card 0 doesn't
seem to do the trick...

and secondly, the modem behaves strangely. On Windows everything
works fine, while on Linux I can connect one time out of 10 -
all other attempts end with NO CARRIER. It looks as if the modem
was more sensitive under Linux, but this is very annoying since
it doesn't even try to renegotiate (judging from the time), and
every connection is charged 0.10EUR to establish.
Did anyone else have similar trouble? I haven't tested the modem
with other telephone exchanges (I believe I have a Siemens EWSD)
yet. And yes, I have my country set correctly.

TIA
--
tomasz k. jarzynka / 601 706 601 / tomee(a-t)kadu(d-o-t)net

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein"